I love this game!
- Before class write a few key phrases on slips of paper from the lessons, songs and prayers they know; like:
- make me a brilliant star;
- we are drops;
- these children are the plants of Thine orchard;
- the light of unity can illumine the whole earth;
- tread ye the path of justice;
- good neighbors come in all colors;
- Blessed is the spot;
- O God guide me;
- it’s me, it’s me, it’s me, who builds community…
- Put them in a container.
- One kid from each group takes a turn picking one.
- Open with prayers
- Explain how charades works:
- cannot talk,
- must act out the words.
- Group the kids into 3 teams of mixed ages (older ones with younger ones) that’s for a fairer game.
- Allow one team at a time to pick one charade slip and act out the words. Let the older kids help the younger kids and clap a lot and laugh and have fun! Keep score on a whiteboard or large drawing pad!
- After playing for about 10-20-30 minutes, vote for the team that did the
- best acting; then vote for the team that did
- the funniest acting; then vote for the team that
- guessed the most right answers…
- Give each group a reward that can be shared, like: small bag of: cookies, chocolates, stickers, seashells, etc. Be creative!